Monday 15 July 2013

Crossfit log for Monday, July 15th

Okay, back to your regularly scheduled Crossfit.

Took a full week off. Went to physio and massage to sort out my glute pain. Nothing ground breaking. Just have to go easy, focus on good body position and stretch more. I'm likely using my glutes for the first time in my adult life so it makes sense that they will protest.

Naturally this morning we did snatches. Went really easy. We were doing a 4 part complex: 1 power snatch from the floor, 1 power snatch from the hang, 2 hang full snatch. 12 minutes to find max weight. (did empty bar, 65#, 75# and started 95# but ran out of time).

I don't seem to have any issue from the hang. I run into problems between the first and second pull. So maybe I'll stick to hang snatches for the next little while. I did struggle with a solid overhead position even at 95#, so I'll work on that.

Then we did 5x5 dead lift. Another scary one. I started at 95# which was fine, I figured I'd just keep adding weight until I felt any sign of trouble and take my 5 last as my 5 sets. Did 135#, 155#, 185#, 205#, 215# and finally 235#. Not even and inkling of discomfort. That's a really good sign. 5 reps at 80% of max. I'll take it.

For the workout we did "Karen" 150 wall balls for time. I almost went with a lighter 14# ball, but I wanted to see if I could finish within the 12 minute cap. 2 reps short (although when I got to 125, I thought I miscounted and went back to 120 to be sure. My best is 11:55 so, close enough.

I did sets of 15 up to 45, then 10s up to 95, then 5s for the rest. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment