Monday 5 December 2011

Crossfit log for Monday, December 5th

So today, I went to the gym with the plan to take it easy. Don't do anything that caused any discomfort. Brace for every movement.

I did okay.

First thing up was bar bell rows. Wasn't sure how that was going to go, but I tried with just the empty bar and it was fine. I really braced and eased in to the movement.

So it was 4 sets of 12-10-8-5 with progressively heavier weight. Started with a couple of 10s on the 45# bar for 65# at 12 reps, and it was good. No discomfort. Added 2 10s for 85# on the set of 10, swapped out the 10s for 25s for 95# at 8 reps and finally added 10s again for 115# on the 5. That last was hard. I had to brace really tight with the core, but it was over quickly.

So okay, a little bit of discomfort, but it was manageable.

Then we did some dead hang, strict pull ups. Haven't tried these in ages. Best I've ever done is 5. We'll I'm still there, but at least I did 3 sets, not sure I could have done that before (actually I did 5, 4 and 5). Felt good, and my back wasn't in the equation at all.

The actual WOD was 4 rounds for time with incrementing reps (10-20-30-40) of:
-Wallball 20#
-ab mat sit ups (wasn't sure I'd be able to do them)
-kettle bell swings 16kg

Went easy. First round was okay, only 10, core was good on the kettle bell swings. After round 2, the kettle bell swings were harder as core was weakened from the sit ups.

Took round three really easy. And round 4 was stop and go.

Finished in 20:16.

I think I managed it nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment