Tuesday 13 December 2011

Crossfit log for Tuesday, December 13th

Ahhhhh.....

Massage yesterday afternoon, feel much better. Shoulders are fully functional and lower back is about 99% recovered.

So naturally today's WOD was dead lifts!

12 rounds for time:
5 dead lifts 115#
4x45ft farmer walk 24kg

18:03

Figured since I couldn't go heavy on the dead lifts I'd go all out on the farmer walks. Hadn't considered the impact on grip strength! Oops:

The workout called for 80% of max dead lift for weight, and I've done 235lbs before, but since my back is still recovering, I played around a bit to find a weight. I tried as high as 165lbs, but that was too much for that many reps. I almost decide not to do the WOD at all, but then decided to drop the weight all the way down to 95# and started the WOD. I quickly realized I could do more. I asked coach Isabelle to swap out the 25lbs plates for 35s taking it to 115lbs, and that was just right.

No comments:

Post a Comment