Friday 29 April 2011

Crossfit log for Friday, April 29th

I really have to go through the workouts on the Crossfit site and make a short list of the ones I'd like (for lack of a better term) to do.
(thankfully I found a list of body weight only and a full list of the named WODs).

The WODs on the site are either out of my league most of the time or require equipment I don't have at the Y.

Granted today I did the sensible thing an practiced what we learned on Wednesday. I did the warmup some hang power clean with some weight (I think around 50lbs) which is way different than with just the bar like in practice. Then I did some front squats with 95lbs (3 rounds of 7 reps) tried to be explosive. Was going to try some Thrusters but I was in the squat rack and I'm too tall, the bar would hit the top of the rack, so I bailed.

Then I did some jump rope to practice my double-unders. I'm not very good at it, but I'm getting better, I can to 3 in a row now! Yay me!

I've notice some very incremental improvements, my lower back is getting stronger, hip extensions are getting easier, the shoulders are a bit more flexible, I was able to do some over head squats during warm up with a broomstick, and my form held together (mostly), so there is progress.

But if this is really going to make a difference I need to feel nauseous at the end, like I did Tuesday. Eventually that will fade as I get used to the effort, but for now, that's my indicator of a successful workout, and I didn't get that today.

Tomorrow. Maybe I'll do Chelsea or Cindy and see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment