Wednesday 27 April 2011

Learning about Crossfit

It all seems very random right now, I'm still sorting it all out in my own head.





So, if I follow Crossfit Endurance, basically you do what ever the posted WOD is. They even let you choose between the CFE site's S&C WOD or the CF main site WOD (which is confusing because the schedules don't mesh and sometime one is a rest day and not the other). then 3 hours earlier or later (usually later) you do the CFE WOD, for whichever event you are training for (swim/bike/run/row).

For the S&C WODs, the warm up is about 15min, and the workout can be as short as 4 or 5 minutes, upto, the longest I've seen is 20 min, but that's extremely rare. Usually is "for time", so the faster you get through it the shorter it is. Often its AMRAP (as many rounds/reps as possible) in give time, typically 4 to 7 minutes.

The endurance WODs are usually one Time Trial or Tempo and one interval session per week. Although they post CFE WODs on a 3 on/1 off schedule, I'm pretty sure that's for Triathletes who are training more than one sport and do up to 6 CFE WODs per week.

The only training schedule I've found is for a half marathon and it has a basic weekly format of:
Sunday : tempo (30 minutes) or 5km TT
Monday : Crossfit
Tuesday : Crossfit
Wednesday: Rest
Thursday : Crossfit
Friday : Crossfit + interval 9 rounds 1 min on; 1 min off
Saturday: Rest

So I'm doing 2 sometimes 3 runs per week, all short and intense (like the Tabata run 4 min wu, 4 minutes of 20 sec all out, 10 full rest x 8 @ 12% incline @ 4:45/km, 4 min cd,=12 minutes of vomit inducing fun) and that's it.

As I learn more I'll post about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment