Monday 10 December 2012

Crossfit log for Monday, December 10th

Advil is my new best friend. I know the studies show you shouldn't use it during exercise, and I always felt that even for recovery, it is essentially impeding you body's ability to heal itself, but I could hardly walk last night and this morning I was functional.

What I'm finding is that running really shakes out the soreness from Crossfit and Crossfit is really helping my recovery from running. After 3 sets of 4 moderately heavy front squats my ankles, legs and feet felt way better. Did 115#, 135#, 135#

WOD was a nasty bit of business.
4 rounds for time
-10 push press (first and fourth round 75#, second and third round 85#)
-20 abmat sit ups
-12 tricep dips

I had taken out two 5# plates but the clock was started before I put them on, the coach was nice enough to add them during the first round, but round three was really rough, so I peeled them off for round 4).

The dips were horrible. My triceps will be non function tomorrow and Wednesday for sure! I can't remember how I broke them up. I think I got to 8 the first round. The last round was like 4, 3, 2, 1, 2. Brutal.

No comments:

Post a Comment