Friday 7 December 2012

Crossfit log for Friday, December 7th

Strict Press. Tried for a PR at 115#, not happening. Topped out at my existing PR of 105#

WOD was 3 rounds for time of
-40 wall balls 14# medicine ball
-10 power cleans 95#

Had a little bit of a race with Adam, one of the young studs that's been there since day 1. We get along very well, but trash talk a lot too.

I finished the first set of wall balls (unbroken) and he was still going, so I looked at him and asked "did I miss count" he said "no, I stopped", 'You stopped?!?!", but by the time I recovered from my shock he was done, so on to the cleans, which we finished at the same time. So now it was game on.

At this point we were breaking up the wall balls in sets of 10, he'd invariably get there ahead of me as I'd falter at 7 but recover to get to 10 before taking a break. I only allow myself three breaths before pickup up the ball, much sooner than Adam had decided to allow himself, so I'd catch him on his heels and we'd even out.

Same on the cleans, which we'd do 5 and 5, but I'd take shorter breaks, but was slower. At the end he had more staying power to pound out the last 5, I was 1 reps and 4 seconds behind him.

We both thanked and cursed each other for pushing the other so hard.

9:11 (he was 9:07).

No comments:

Post a Comment