Tuesday 1 November 2016

Strength and mobility log for Tuesday, November 1st

Had a rushed visit to the Y today to work on mobility and a bit of strength work.


I should have done my full gamut of shoulder/thoracic mob work but short on time and wanting to do some strict press, I mostly worked my my hips and hams with a bit of work on my shoulders/thorax.

Then I did my presses.   5 sets of 3 at 85%  115#,  I toyed with the idea of 120#, but my last "warm-up" set at 115# was clearly going to be my first working set.

I used 135# as my max, which I'm not even sure I could hit if I tried.  I've lost quite a bit since my year of strength ended 20 months ago.

Once I get my mobility worked out I'll have to find a balanced program to keep everything progressing, if more slowly, but not moving backwards.

So set 3 was rough, like, I-don't-if-I'll-get-through-set-4 rough. But I attacked it, really braced my core and it was easier than any of the previous sets.

Same for set 5. Pretty happy.  I didn't think I'd make set 5 let alone get through it.

Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment